Friday, January 6, 2012

big rock candy mountain.

This is where I live. Innit pretty?

Anywho, even though I'm obviously running...almost a week behind, my new years resolution is to keep this blog up and running. At this point, I'm not exactly sure what it will end up as, but...we'll go with it, for now. Honestly, as much as I love fashion/design/photo blogs, I really, really enjoy blogs where the writers just end up talking about themselves and their lives. Those are the ones I always end up being a loyal reader of. Pictures are wonderful (and with my fancy iphone, pictures will obviously be happening), but if there's no content more than a few captions, I ain't interested.

So, it turns out that I'll be hunting for a second job. I can't recall if I said in here that I now work at a GameStop. It's awesome, I absolutely love everything about my job (which is crazy, if you know me personally - I never stay happy with a job more than a couple weeks, and I've been at GS since September), and I'm planning on sticking with it. As Sephora is going to be opening a store in our town, Blake will be hired there as a senior consultant (eee, free makeup and fancy skin care!), but in the meantime, we just need a little more money than we have now. Don't get me wrong, life is actually really comfortable for the both of us. We don't have to pay rent or utilities, food is extremely cheap, and my job gives me enough money for gas into town and back and a little left over afterward for cigarettes and the occasional shopping splurge. I'm just trying to save up enough money to make a visit to Florida, as I haven't seen my family in over a year. :[ 

Either way, we'll be fine. Our farm is up and running, we'll be building a greenhouse and cleaning out the workshop (for my own personal use, yayyyy) this spring, and life is good. I just bought a baby blue ukelele, too! It's so fucking adorable, you guys have no idea. And I can officially play Happy Birthday on it. Woo!

We have a bit of drama in our lives at the moment, Blake and I. And life is already stressful enough with a certain...problem that may or may not be an official problem in February. Our house (both houses, actually) were burglarized (that sounds so funny, but apparently it's an actual word...whatever) about twoish months ago. I assumed the stuff would never be returned, as everyone knows how anything stolen goes. You report it, the police always say they'll keep an eye out. It never turns up. BUT IT DID THIS TIME. Well, at least the television they stole. And guess who's name was in the pawn shop records? Blake's best friends. Well, "best friends." You can't honestly say that a person is your genuine friend if they break and enter into your house and steal your most valuable (not only monetarily but emotionally as well) possessions and then have the audacity to keep a smile on your face, and even keep coming over to visit at the same house that you broke into. I've never liked them. What can I say? Good riddance to bad rubbish. Who needs 'em, anyway? The police have a warrant out for them, and will be arresting them in the next couple of days.

More on the details as they unfold later!

No comments:

Post a Comment